Extended Producers Responsibility means the responsibility of a producer (including Brand-owners/Importers) for the environmentally sound management of the product until the end of its life.
Extended producer responsibility, refers to the responsibility for the management of the disposal of products by producers once those products are designated as no longer useful by consumers. Our main objective is to develop an effective and efficient system that takes care of the collection, segregation, and transportation of the material to the waste disposal facility which is approved by the MPCB and CPCB as a PRO Agency. These materials are also used in cement kilns, pyrolysis, for road construction and recycling centers, on the basis of their quality and price
Under EPR in accordance with PWM Rules 2016 (amendment 2018) PIBOM’s (Producers, Importers and Brand Owners, Manufacturers) are given significant responsibility for the recycling or disposal of post-consumer waste.
What is PRO?
The waste generators such as brand owners/producers are required to collect back the end-of-life waste generated through their business. This responsibility is met through waste collection agencies who are recognized as a Producer Responsibility Organization (PRO) .
Implementation of EPR activity
- The very first step starts with Registration at CPCB/SPCB by submission of relevant documents required by CPCB which mainly consist of an action plan, agreement, certificates, licenses, etc.
- The next step starts with the role of an authorized waste management agency to collect back the agreed volume of post-consumer plastic waste in a period of 1 year from the desired location and recycle or dispose of it safely as per CPCB/SPCB guidelines.
- The waste collection agency will present relevant documents for proof of waste collection activity
- On behalf of PIBOM’s agency will submit a quarterly report to CPCB.
- After completion of the activity final report will be submitted by the agency to PIBOM’s
Post-Consumer Waste Management System (Extended Producers Responsibility) – Pictorial Flow Chart
In fact, for the sake of operational convenience, TSPI has introduced a “Digital documentation system” which would facilitate to store all EPR related documents with detailed monthly reports on our Cloud Server which can be accessed as and when needed maintaining traceability & avoid duplicity.
Guideline for disposal of Multi Layered Plastic Waste: