Extended Producers Responsibility means the responsibility of a producer (including Brand-owners/Importers) for the environmentally sound management of the product until the end of its life.
Extended producer responsibility, refers to the responsibility for the management of the disposal of products by producers once those products are designated as no longer useful by consumers.
Our main objective is to develop an effective and efficient system that takes care of the collection, segregation, and transportation of the material to the waste disposal facility which is approved by the MPCB and CPCB as a PRO Agency. These materials are also used in cement kilns, pyrolysis, for road construction, and recycling centers, on the basis of their quality and price
Under EPR in accordance with PWM Rules 2016 (amendment 2018) PIBOMs (Producers, Importers and Brand Owners, Manufacturers) are given significant responsibility for the recycling or disposal of post-consumer waste.
What is PRO?
The waste generators such as brand owners/producers are required to collect back the end-of-life waste generated through their business. This responsibility is met through waste collection agencies that are recognized as Producer Responsibility Organizations (PRO).
- The first step is to register with the CPCB/SPCB by submitting the necessary documents, which include an action plan, agreement, certificates, licenses, and so on.
- The following phase is an authorized waste management agency collecting the agreed volume of post-consumer plastic waste from the intended location over a one-year period and recycling or disposing of it securely in accordance with CPCB/SPCB norms.
- The waste collection agency will give evidence of waste collection operations in the form of appropriate papers.
- A quarterly report will be submitted to CPCB on behalf of PIBOMs.
- The agency will submit a final report to PIBOM after the activity is completed.
Post-Consumer Waste Management or Extended Producers Responsibility – Pictorial Flow Chart
For operational convenience, TSPI has implemented a “Digital documentation system” that allows for the storage of all EPR-related documents as well as complete monthly reports on our Cloud Server, which can be accessed as needed while retaining traceability and avoiding duplication.
MOEFCC Notification: https://cpcb.nic.in/displaypdf.php?id=cGxhc3RpY3dhc3RlL1BXTV9HYXpldHRlLnBkZg==
Guideline for disposal of Multi-Layered Plastic Waste: https://cpcb.nic.in/uploads/plasticwaste/guidelines_nonrecyclable_fraction_24.04.2018.pdf