Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) mainly is a set of rules and regulations obliged to the Producers, Importers, and Brand-owners for the Take-back and Recycling or End-of-life disposal of all the plastic that is released in the market by them. This Plastic can be in the form of products or product packaging. So, to take control of this increasing plastic waste pollution, the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) by the State Pollution Control Board (SPCB) has introduced Extended Producer Responsibility Guidelines in the market.
- Effective waste prevention at the origin.
- Environmentally friendly products are manufactured.
- Effortless Plastic Waste recycling and management.
The required entities should make every attempt to Reuse or Cogenerate as many distinct sources and resources as feasible. Entities can use waste as an energy resource during production to reduce the need for virgin plastic.
According to the CPCB’s EPR standards, entities must recycle their plastic packaging waste and assist in the management of their plastic waste. They can also turn their plastic waste over to reputable plastic waste recycling companies.
- Usage of Recycled plastic materials.
All the entities should treat recycled plastic products or materials with respect and strive to use them. The utilization of recycled plastic items would aid in cost reduction and the conservation of various resources.
- Plastic Waste Collection and Transport
- Compliance documents.
- Increasing Public Awareness.
- Recycling with a licensed recycler.
- Materials and documents can be easily channeled throughout the full process of turning accumulated plastic waste into a resource.
- Door-to-door waste collection
- Waste should be separated into recyclables and non-recyclables.
Step 1: To register with the CPCB/SPCB.
Step 2: The authorized Waste Management Agency collects the waste.
Step 3: As proof for Waste Collection, present necessary documentation.
Step 4: Brands submit quarterly reports to the CPCB.
Step 5: The Waste Management Agency submits an annual report to the Brands.